Saturday, October 6, 2007

Chantix Day 50 - Quit Day 43

This morning when I took my pill, I had to open the last card in my month 2 box! What that means is that before next Saturday, I have to get a refill...and that refill will be my 3rd, and final, box of Chantix . Yaaay!!!

Wow! I can't believe how time has flown by since I took that first pill. I also can't believe how easy it's been (so far). Yes, my quit is still very easy, waaay too easy...so much so, I'm starting to get worried about life after Chantix, but I'll deal with that then...for now, I'm grateful to be having such an easy ride. I can say, without a doubt, Chantix works (for me).

As for side-effects this past week, they're about the same:
  • NO cravings
  • NO nausea
  • Gas & bloating are worse, used to last only 20 minutes or so in the a.m., but now some days it lasts most of the day! Tracee suggested Gas-X , think I'll pick some up tonight.
  • Still having "Chantix" dreams, but they're not as vivid as they used to be :-( They're still wild & crazy and entertaining, but I don't seem to remember all details like I used to.
I'm still dealing with sinus/allergy issues and taking more meds than I care to take, but they seem to be helping, so I'll keep taking them for now. Other than that, I am feeling pretty good and very PROUD of myself. I AM a NON-SMOKER!!!

I hope everybody is doing well with their quit or their soon-to-be-quit!! Hang in there and keep up the good work!

4 comments:

maggie said...

Wow, that is amazing, isn't it? I can't get over how time flies and days string together. I think it's so awesome that you have had such a great experience with Chantix, even easier than plenty of us (not complaining, still *tons* better than cold turkey), and it's my suspicion that you will do just fine once done with Chantix, too. I say that because even though I did notice some changes at the end of my taper off Chantix that I tried describing on my blog, overall it was really just that the thoughts came more frequently, but not really much more strongly. Hopefully you'll find the same to be true - or even easier because that would be your style and would totally rock, too!

Tabatha said...

Hey awesome job your doing great.

Yeah I still have the gas problems but not as bad as it was. Since I am only taking a pill a day now its actually alot better.Keep on keepin on your doing great.

MsTekLady said...

Thanks Maggie & Tabatha! I really appreciate your support!

MamaFlo said...

On another topic - you have to cruise to Hawaii - Wow! We went in April and it was heaven, 14 night cruise with 9 sea days. This time we are headed to the Mexican Riviera, Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerta Vallarta, out of San Diego.
This will be another test for me, flying and cruising.......I sure am testing out all the temptation waters .
Stay with your quit and thanks for being a friend.