Sunday, September 2, 2007

Chantix Day 16 - Quit Day 9

Another great smoke-free day!!! Went out to dinner this evening. The restaurant we went to is smoke-free, but it has an outdoor patio where smoking is allowed. Of course, we sat inside. Our table was next to the window with a clear view of the patio AND the smokers. For a hot second, I wanted to smoke... it was not a craving to smoke, I simply WANTED to, not because I had a desire to do so, but, well, I don't know why...just BECAUSE, I guess. Anyway, I watched this one woman smoke two cigarettes before her meal and two cigarettes after her meal...4 cigarettes in about an hour!! A little over a week ago, that might have been me, but I'm a non-smoker now! Just as quick as I wanted a cigarette, I no longer wanted one. I ate my delicious seafood dinner and washed it down with my p.m. Chantix and a big glass of water :-)

6 comments:

Homestead Blogging said...

You're doing fantastic!

I'm on day 21 and still have urges, but then again, I smoked for 35 years so it may take me a bit. Not to mention that addictions run in my family. Smoking is the only addiction that I ever allowed myself to fall for so I guess things could be worse.

I don't get nausaus very often and never very bad, but I'll remember your tricks next time that I do.

Keep up the good work!

Homestead Blogging said...

ha ha!!! I think that we were just posting on each others blogs at the same time. :)

Anonymous said...

That is just awesome! You rock.

Anonymous said...

OK, after that Uno's comment over on my blog, you *must* say how it was - good? Please tell me it's a major grocery store chain and that I might find one in the NW.

MsTekLady said...

OMG, Maggie, it was DELICIOUS!! Now THAT's PIZZA! Even frozen, nothing I've had since leaving Chicago can compare! Made me kind of homesick :-( I saved a couple of pieces to take for lunch today...I could've eaten the whole pizza last night, but I didn't want to be a complete pig! LOL!

I got it at a WalMart SuperCenter. I'm not familiar with the NW area, but WalMart seems to be everywhere, so I'm guessing there's one near you ??

Now you got me thinking... I'm up earlier than usual (woke up at 3:30AM, arrrgggh!, not sure if it's the Chantix, will post on that later), anyway,I have time for a quick breakfast... and UNOs is even better the second time around. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

My sister once sent me a Taste of Chicago pack, and one of the items was a pizza from Lou Malnati's (see tastesofchicago.com to drool - ribs, dogs, pizza, heaven itself, all available to order), and Tom had never had Chicago pizza and about fell over when I let him have some (I know, my generosity knows no bounds). I tried to explain that even while it was excellent in every way, he had to also consider that it was frozen and flown halfway across the country and was still so easily way better than any pizza here fresh out of some no competition oven. He will simply collapse when he comes with me back home for the real thing.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for a frozen Uno's near me. Glad it was wonderful!