Saturday, September 22, 2007

Chantix Day 36 - Quit Day 29

I've been smoke-free for 4 WEEKS and I'm feeling great!!!! No nausea, no cravings, no Chantix-related problems at all. My only side effects are mild bloating/gas and vivid dreams.

My Chantix dreams are wild, crazy, and funny...nothing like some of the scary, psychotic dreams that I've heard some Chantix users have! My dreams have all been entertaining, like watching a movie. The only "bad" thing I can say is that the dreams are so real, it sometimes takes me several minutes after waking up to figure out that what I just went through was a dream and now I'm awake. But then, I've always had dreams like that, even before I took Chantix... the only difference now is that I dream every night and I remember all my dreams, down to the tiniest details! And hey, that's not bad, at all! I'm ok with that! Most nights, I look forward to going to bed because I know some exciting adventure awaits me! :-)

Hope everybody else is doing well with their quit. Continued success to us all!

7 comments:

Homestead Blogging said...

Congratulations on your 4wk milestone! That's a wonderful accomplishment.

I'm jealous of the dreams, I don't get them. :( Maybe you should write them down and write a book! lol

Congrats again, and keep up the great work!

Pam Jarnagin said...

4 weeks!!! That's awesome!

I just get gas/bloating and mild nausea so far. Can't really see a difference in my dreams yet.

maggie said...

Wow, 4 weeks really is a good chunk of time. That's really awesome! Congrats and more congrats to you!

MsTekLady said...

Thanks, everybody!

Sue - LOL!!! Yep, I could definitely write a bestseller!

Designer Girl - I've been able to keep the nausea in check by always eating before I take my pill. Haven't found a cure for the gas/bloating, but for me, it's mild and doesn't last long, so I just deal with it. To be smoke-free, it's a small price to pay!

As for my Chantix dreams, I didn't have my first one until I'd been on the meds for a while. If/when you do get them, I hope yours are as entertaining as mine!

Maggie - Thanks! I feel awesome!!! Glad you had a good visit with your friend. As always, the latest pics are great!

Tabatha said...

congrats on 4 weeks!!!!

I miss my chantix dreams. I get excited when I dream something remotely close to one ;-)

Unknown said...

LOVED THE chantix log.
I'm on day 5.. my dreams are incredible.. everything you say is happening to me.. i sometimes can't wait to go to bed to see what will happen next...it's like a movie
thanks for the info

mike said...

Day 4 on Chantix. I've quit coke 9+years, I've quit alcohol, 8 months. But, for Pete's sake...chantrix is a huge wonderful trip!!! I can totally see why people would go off the deep end with this stuff. Mike