Saturday, September 8, 2007

Chantix Day 22 - Quit Day 15

The good news: I've been smoke-free for two weeks! Yaaay!!!

The bad news: I feel like shit today! I've had allergy/sinus problems, on and off, since moving south 10 years ago. I usually take some meds and I feel better and I go on with my life. Not today! Today, I have been knocked on my azz! I woke up with a throbbing headache and I've gone through a box of tissue. My nose is raw from all the blowing and sneezing. I feel drained, like someone let all the air out of me. Ugh!

From what I've read on other blogs, it's pretty "normal" to get sick in the first few weeks after quitting. I don't remember getting sick during my previous quits, but of course, I was younger back then and younger bodies adapt and bounce back quicker :-) I'll just consider this another side-effect and, it too, shall pass. Oh, well, back to the couch...it's been a few hours since my last nap! lol

Hope everyone is doing well with their quit!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feeling icky is just no fun at all. It's got to be good knowing that you aren't doing anything to make it worse - I used to always smoke even sick and felt like a ninny as I did it anyway. Wow, 2 weeks already, too! Awesome!

Chris said...

I know exactly how you feel. My cold/flu started over a week ago and I am just starting to get better. Hang in there and pamper yourself.

MsTekLady said...

Maggie - O yea, I remember those days as a smoker... I'd be sick as a dog and STILL I'd get up and go out to smoke! How sad is that?! Aren't you glad we kicked that Evil Addict to the curb?!

Chris - Thanks! It's been 3 days and I still feel like crap. Took a sick day from work today and I've pretty much slept the day away. I'll definitely take your suggestion to pamper myself...when I can stay awake long enough! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
My name is Darla Atlas, and I'm a reporter working on a story for People magazine. It's about the drug Chantix; we're hoping to feature both the pros and cons of the drug. I have enough "cons," so I'm looking for success stories at this point.
If you'd like to give me your thoughts on the drug, please email me at darlajatlas@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Chris said...

Are you feeling any better? I sure hope so. I know how miserable you have been. Hang in there...

MsTekLady said...

Hey, Chris. I'm feeling good enough to make it to work, but still not feeling all that great. I've got an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, so hopefully we can figure out what's going on and treat it. Like you, I think it's a really bad head cold or sinus/hay fever. I'm hanging in there. Thanks for you encouragement!

Homestead Blogging said...

I sure hope that you are feeling better by now!

Hey, isn't tomorrow your 3 wk anniversary?

You're doing fantastic! Keep it up!

Tabatha said...

sorry to hear you been sick. I sure hope your feeling better.
was glad to see your nice post to my blog today!!!
we can continue this....keep up the good work!!!!

One day at a time......