Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Chantix Day 11 - Quit Day 4

Still doing great, no cravings or urges to smoke, but there was a moment today when I thought about having a cigarette! Oh, no!!! Where did that come from?

I had just left work, after a particularly aggravating day...I was walking to my car and thinking about how happy I was to get the hell out of there! All of a sudden, I thought: I can not wait to get home and have a cigarette! (I bought a new vehicle a few weeks before I quit and I promised myself I would never smoke in it and stink it up like I did my old one). Luckily for me when I was smoker, it's only a 5 minute drive between work & home...so those last couple of weeks as a smoker, I managed to make it home every day before having my first "after work" smoke. I have never smoked in my new car and I never will. It's still clean and fresh smelling!

Anyway, the thought went away as quickly as it came and I survived the moment!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, having a nice new and smoke-free car is a wonderful thing. My car was pretty stinky!

I definitely understand the after a long day at work thought of smoking. Same thing tends to creep up on me during the weekend or other "me time" moments when I just feel like I should get to have a nice little treat. Slowly I'm re-defining my treat so that it's not a smoke, but it's an ongoing process ;)