Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 4

OK, had my first case of real nausea today!!! I did everything the same as yesterday and the first couple of hours were the same (got my Chantix buzz and all was good), but then around 1pm, I started feeling really nauseous at my desk, felt like I was going to throw up! I wasn't planning to go home for lunch, but change of plans, I came home for lunch. I had some ginger ale and popcorn (for its saltiness ). Not much of a meal and, trust me, I was VERY hungry, but I was scared to eat...didn't want it coming back up! Anyway, earlier today, I had read about sucking on peppermints to fight off nausea...I didn't think it would work, but I felt so bad at that point, I figured it couldn't hurt. Wow! It actually seemed to work, after sucking on a peppermint, I started feeling better after about 20 minutes. Went back to work and even work an hour over!

Took my 1st p.m. dose about an hour or ago after dinner. Feeling good, so far, though I do feel more tired than usual. O well, these side-effects are only temporary, they will eventually pass, where the effects of smoking do not pass, they eventually kill you! Today's nausea freaked me out, had me doubting if I can go through this for 12 weeks. Well, the answer to that is YES! The alternative is to continue smoking, and for me, THAT IS NOT AN OPTION!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, peppermint. Great tip! I do hope that the nausea will leave completely soon. For many, it does. Until then, glad you are able to manage it, and smoke-free will be worth it as long as you can continue to keep the nausea in check.

Tasina said...

I didn't know about peppermint either. Saltines maybe? A billion pregnant women can't be wrong.