Saturday, August 18, 2007

Day 1

Picked up my CHANTIX™ starter pack prescription yesterday. It came in a box with 4 separate boxes/cards inside...a starting week card (11 pills) and 3 continuing week cards (14 pills per card). The starter pack is a month's worth of pills. For the first 3 days, you're supposed to take one pill in the morning.

After a nice big breakfast, I took my first dose at 11am (with a full glass of water) So far, so good!! None of the nausea that some users have described. A couple of hours later, I did feel a little drowsy, but nothing serious to where I couldn't function or even drive - the drowsiness might have nothing at all to do with the CHANTIX™ and I only mention it because this is a journal and I am recording my feelings...this is just my first day, so only time will tell if the drowsiness was a side-effect of the drug.

While on CHANTIX™, you continue to smoke while you take the drug for the first week. The goal is to stop on (or before, if you're ready) Day 8. My quit date is next Saturday, August 25, though it would be nice if feel ready to quit before then! Either way, I am committed to NOT SMOKING a week from today! I can do this and I WILL!!!!

6 comments:

Tasina said...

Good luck with your quit. I'm on my 11th smoke-free day. It's hard, but sooooooooooooooooooo worth it. There's a nice community of Chantix bloggers out here. Check some of the other blogs listed on Maggie's page. Everyone is really nice and supportive. It's nice to know that others are going through the same thing.

We're all rooting for you! :)

MsTekLady said...

Thanks, tasina! CONGRATS on your 11th smoke-free day!!!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best, and I do hope you'll find Chantix as helpful as I have. Since you've already been by my blog, you know that there are tons of links to plenty of others blogging their way through their Chantix experience, and it's been really great to both read and write. I'd love to add your blog to the list if you like, and I will be reading along and wishing you the best!

Konstantin said...

Thanks for posting your blog on onchantix.com - that place was created to try to put together as much information about people being on Chantix as possible, and you're helping that effort big time.

MsTekLady said...

Thanks Maggie! Yes, I'd love for you to add my blog to your list.

MsTekLady said...

Thank YOU, Stan for creating onchantix.com It's a wonderful site for us Chantix newbies!!