Thursday, August 30, 2007

Chantix Day 13 - Quit Day 6

Too tired to type tonight, so I've copied & pasted most of my comments that I posted earlier today on Stan's blog:

As for blanking...yes, I'm going through that too! Until I read this, I wasn't aware that I was doing it (didn't even know the term blanking until now). But yes, I have noticed that I'm forgetting stuff, now granted I've always been forgetful my whole life, so I didn't pick up on it...but, sitting here now and thinking about it, it DID suddenly get worse in the last couple of weeks - since I've been on Chantix.

On that same note, I'm also having trouble focusing...nothing serious, because again, I've always been like that...a Type A personality, so much going on in my brain that it's hard to do just one thing. For example, I'll start one task and in the middle of doing it, I'll think of something else I need to do, so I drop the first task and start on the second one! Then I'll think to myself, hey, you're supposed to be doing so-and-so(whatever the first task was)! Again, now that I think about it, that behavior has gotten worse too (in the two weeks I've been on Chantix). It's like my brain is always "ON" at top speed! And while that is normal for me, it is more extreme now...like my brain is not just On, but on overdrive!!!

I guess this would qualify as my first "negative" comment about Chantix. Those that follow my other blog know how much i love my little blue pill and its magical powers! And, really imho, this side-effect is not a negative...it hasn't changed my personality, it's only made it more "out there" and, while exhausting at times, I can handle it...what's the worst that can happen? My brain might overheat and explode!! :-) At the end of the day when I'm still a NON-SMOKER, it's all worth it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm really glad that I got the gas instead of the brain fade. Mine's faded enough that it would be scary.

MsTekLady said...

Funny, Maggie! That's what I'm worried about, because like I said, I've ALWAYS been forgetful so I don't need anything making it worse! Hopefully it's just a temporary thing...in the meantime I just keep a pen & notepad close by!