Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 5

Today was a good day. NO NAUSEA!!! I changed my routine a bit from yesterday (when I had the worse nausea I've had so far). I ate something earlier in the morning...had a strawberry Pop-Tart with my coffee around 8:30am (ok, not the most nutritious breakfast, but it's better than what I usually have, which is nothing!). Took my Chantix at 10am with a full glass of water. Had some yogurt immediately after taking the pill...it seemed to help to have something already in my stomach, instead of eating for the first time when I take the pill. No proof, just a thought - because I honestly think there is no rhyme or reason as to when the nausea hits, it just comes and goes at will. As Maggie said in her blog entry Nausea Revisited, the nausea is "First really bad, then not bad at all, then suddenly it came back, then left, and now it's become all about timing and meal size." I definitely agree!

Last night (day 4, after my first a.m. & p.m. dose) I had trouble falling asleep...and that's got to be the Chantix, because I usually fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow! When I woke up this morning I felt bloated and gaseous, but that passed before I even left for work. So, all in all, after yesterday's severe nausea passed, my days 4 & 5 went very well! Which reminds me, I haven't taken my p.m. pill yet...better go do that now. Goodnight and continued success to everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, no rhyme or reason on the nausea, and everyone seems to be a little different. I didn't love the bloated stage, but that did not come back once it left. Thankfully.

It's really great to hear what others experience on Chantix, and I'm glad you are sharing your journey.

Tasina said...

I really admire you all who have stuck with this despite the nausea. I don't think I could have made it through that. (I still glare at my kids now and then for all the morning/afternoon/evening/middle of the night sickness they put me through - usually means it's time for a guilt trip.)