Monday, August 20, 2007

Day 3

Today was the first day I've been to work since starting Chantix. I was concerned about the nausea and the buzz that I've been feeling...after all, there's no nice comfy couch for me to plop down on until the feelings pass, like I can do at home!

Started my workday as usual, running late! Had my normal workday breakfast: coffee and a cigarette. On my 10am break, I had some yogurt, took my Chantix 15 minutes later with a full glass of water. Munched on fresh strawberries and drank water until lunch. I kept waiting for the nausea to hit, but it never did! This was my first day with NO nausea! Mine is pretty mild anyway (so far), but today, I didn't even have a mild case...none, zip, zero! I did get that buzzed feeling, but as I've said earlier, it's not bad at all, actually it's kind of nice and mellow...I think it made me more productive! Anyway, it passed after a couple of hours and since then, I've felt fine all day! Of course, this could just be the calm before the storm, tomorrow is day 4...the day I double my dose. Not sure what to expect, guess I’ll find out soon enough!

7 comments:

Tabatha said...

Hello and so glad to see yet another chantix quitter! Your on the right track so far.
Yes I would suggest taking the chantix at the time you did today! I also am not a breakfast eater and I have noticed if I am up for a while I dont feel sick with the meds anymore! My morning dose is normally between 9-11 and then evening dose is when I eat supper at 5-6 and it works well I am starting my 6th week of the pill. My quit day was July 24th. Wow that seems so long ago!
Good luck and I would love to add your blog to mine so I can keep up with your quit!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear how today went without nausea and just a little of the head buzz thing. Overall, I really have been pretty lucky in that the nausea did leave (well, for awhile), and even the fogginess did. Even with the dose going up a bit tomorrow, I bet if you did just like today it should help again.

Hey, the breakfast of champions just like mine used to be!

Anonymous said...

The fogginess definitely passes, so I wouldn't worry about it. It took about a week to pass for me and now I almost miss it ;)

MsTekLady said...

Hi Tabatha! Congrats on your quit!!! I'm really looking forward to mine, which starts this Saturday. Thanks for your encouragement. I've added your blog to mine as well, so I'll check in often. Continued luck on your quit!

MsTekLady said...

Hey Maggie, as a non-smoker, I'm sure my breakfast of champions sounds quite disgusting, huh? :-) It does to me, but that's ok, this time next week, I will be having a much healthier breakfast!! I'm about to take my a.m. Chantix now, hope it's a repeat of yesterday (i.e. no nausea), guess I'll find out shortly. Thanks for your support and I wish you continued success on your quit!!!

MsTekLady said...

Funny, qfg! Just took my a.m. dose about an hour ago and my buzz is just starting to kick in! This particular side-effect is not so bad!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Honestly, the breakfast of champions doesn't sound disgusting to me quite yet, just no longer worth the price I was paying (literally and figuratively both), but I'll get there ;) You will, too!